A good book, Bernd Kuchenbeiser

Bernd Kuchenbeiser, 61 books with black type on white cover


Munich, Germany


61 books with black type on white cover est une extension du blogue A Good Book de Bernd Kuchenbeiser. L'artiste a commencé ce site en 2011 pour tenter de répondre à la question «qu'est-ce qu'un beau livre?»:

« I’m sure that a consensus can be found for the special quality of a ‘good book’, but I have a hard time nailing down solid criteria. My arguments are often self-contradictory: I can love details in one book and dislike them in another. I forgive the sloppy design or production in one book because I’m held spellbound by its contents; another book I’d like only to feel but never to read. Sometimes the design, a sensual aspect, brings contents to life that I’d otherwise never have discovered.
Books have personalities. They can be our companions and friends. A good book doesn’t deserve to languish on a bookshelf; it wants to be opened, read, savoured, displayed, recommended. That’s why this website exists.»

L'artiste a rapidement remarqué que les «beaux livres» avaient souvent un design simple, avec du texte en noir sur un fond blanc. C'est devenu une section du blogue, puis un livre.