vendredi 13 novembre 2015

A good book, Bernd Kuchenbeiser

Bernd Kuchenbeiser, 61 books with black type on white cover


Munich, Germany


61 books with black type on white cover est une extension du blogue A Good Book de Bernd Kuchenbeiser. L'artiste a commencé ce site en 2011 pour tenter de répondre à la question «qu'est-ce qu'un beau livre?»:

« I’m sure that a consensus can be found for the special quality of a ‘good book’, but I have a hard time nailing down solid criteria. My arguments are often self-contradictory: I can love details in one book and dislike them in another. I forgive the sloppy design or production in one book because I’m held spellbound by its contents; another book I’d like only to feel but never to read. Sometimes the design, a sensual aspect, brings contents to life that I’d otherwise never have discovered.
Books have personalities. They can be our companions and friends. A good book doesn’t deserve to languish on a bookshelf; it wants to be opened, read, savoured, displayed, recommended. That’s why this website exists.»

L'artiste a rapidement remarqué que les «beaux livres» avaient souvent un design simple, avec du texte en noir sur un fond blanc. C'est devenu une section du blogue, puis un livre.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire